Hello lovelies, welcome to my blog! On today’s post i will be sharing with you all things i wished i had known before i had my baby.
Parenting for the very first time can be very overwhelming, you suddenly become responsible for everything about your little human, and every decision can seem like the most important one you will ever make. Looking back, i wish i was given more advice on how to deal with becoming a mom than the random advice you get about “not wearing a yellow outfit as it may affect your babies sight”😂
Here is my list of the things i wished i had known before my baby arrived:
- Newborns communicate by crying, freaking out would not change anything.
- Give your body time to heal; everyone woman is different, do not compare your friends body to yours.
- Your instincts are more accurate than Dr. Googles.
- Watch what you eat as a breastfeeding mom, it affects your baby positively or otherwise.
- Follow your babies schedule, do not try to do everything by the book.
- Always leave the house with extra clothes for you and your baby.
- Your marriage will never be the same after you’ve had your baby.
- Post natal depression is real.
- Nap time is not always enough, no matter how much you love your baby.
- Time goes by fast with a baby, take pictures and write down things for future purposes.
- Parenting is not a competition.
- Every child reaches milestones at different ages, If you seems confused at some point call your doctor.
- You will not stay friends with most people once you’ve had your baby.
- Do not beat yourself up over every little thing.
- You do not have to get all the house chores done at once, somethings can wait.
- You will definitely lose the baby weight but your body shape may change; you might not be able to wear that beautiful top you’ve had before now again.
If you enjoyed this post kindly help it spread by liking, sharing and commenting