I’ve got good news for my DIY buffs….yay!
On this post i will be teaching you how to make black herbal soap for skin lightening….I bet this process is a very tedious one, but it’s worth every stress because at the end of it all,your skin will be glow more. Let’s get to business people;
Black soap is produced naturally and has been in use for a long time across west Africa, it is produced from plant ash such as; palm trees, plantain peels, e.t.c. Black soap is also known as ose dudu in yoruba language.
- African black soap (base ghana soap)
- Rice water (strange? Let me explain, rice water is comprise of minerals and vitamins that works wonders on our skin such as: felluric acid, allantoin and amino acid. You can get this by rinsing your rice with water in other to remove dirts, place rice in a pot and cover with water, boil and strain out starchy water with a sieve in a clean bowl)
- Milk powder
- Lemon juice
- Carrot oil
(The quantity of soap you need will be determined by the amount of ingredient used, black soap can be preserved for a long time, it shouldn’t be watery in nature, it should be in a solid form)
- Crush/grate black soap into a clean bowl.
- Pour lemon juice over the soap, and mix with a wooden spatula (pressure needed) until it forms a smooth paste.
- Sprinkle tumeric, milk powder, sulphur, Camwood, and combine properly.
- Pour rice water, honey and carrot oil, mix till a smooth paste is achieved.
- Store in air tight container.
- That’s it, your black herbal lightening soap is ready. Yassssss!
Try this at home and share your thoughts with me.