Happy new month beauties!
Welcome to my blog, i’m so sorry i forgot to wish you all a day before yesterday, don’t mind me.
For most of us body scrubs are an inseparable part of our selfcare routine and if you’ve been following my post you’ll know I’m a DIY buff, i love trying out different things, but you see this one i’m about to share with you? I keep coming back to it.
Basically, you don’t have to be a coffee addict to love this diy coffee scrub, i tell you it’s perfect for everyone. The presence of caffeine in coffee helps tightens the skin, reduces the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks and above all improves blood circulation.
- 1 cup of sugar (fine white sugar is preferable as it has a lighter texture, and please note; the more sugar the more abrasive your scrub will be)
- 1 cup of ground coffee
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil ( coconut oil has the tendency to clog pores so i opt for a fractionated type as it doesn’t leave the skin feeling greasy afterwards)
**This measurement gives you 2 cups of body scrub**
- Mix your sugar and coffee grounds in a bowl
- Add your coconut oil and mix
- Personally i add vanilla extract to mine just to improve it scent, you can skip this if you wish
- Mix together and store into an airtight container
- Massage all over your body in a circular motion then rinse (i apply mine at night once my daughter is asleep as she’s super clingy… lol)
P.s- If you’ll like to use this scrub on your face, don’t add any sugar and also, if you have a sensitive skin I’ll advise you try do a test before using it over your entire body because i want you looking beautiful and not some crazy reactions.
So beauties, if you have a date or any event to attend try this a night before going as this scrub has an immediate effect, plus it can also be used as a lip scrub, be sure to share your thoughts with me in the comments box below, help this post spread folks by sharing and liking…thank you